This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut flakes
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup high-quality protein powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 1/8 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 300 °F Chop up the seeds. You can always use nuts instead of sunflower seeds.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl, and work them well. If your mixture is too crumbly, add another tablespoon of cold-pressed coconut oil and water. Use a measuring cup to get cookies with equal size.
- Line them on a cookie tray, and flatten carefully. You should get about 18 cookies. Bake your cookies for 15 minutes.
- If you do not have sunflower seeds, you can use 2 cups of coconut shreds.
- Also, you can combine other types of seeds or nuts.
- Both flavored or unflavored type of protein powder can be used in order to change the flavor.
- Apply some coconut whipped cream between the cookies, in order to make a coconut cookie sandwich.